Founded by and staffed with Entrepreneurs, Bionic ignites Growth Revolutions in the world’s largest companies. We install the Growth OS: talent, tools, platform and experiences that introduce each enterprise to Startup and VC experiences, unlocking entrepreneurial confidence, speed, and growth.
Bionic and its partners drive growth in the technologies and products of the future. As we propel forward, we need creators who will join our team to boldly build and radically reimagine the future of Bionic and the emerging markets in which we work.
About the role:
We seek a Junior Designer whose portfolio indicates diversity in industry, aesthetic, and clientele. She or he is excited by the prospect of joining a small team that tackles many types of projects. This person must have a strong sense of design thinking, which must accompany the ability to incorporate the needs of the user into both function and aesthetics. Day-to-day responsibilities include: producing branding materials for partners in the form of logos, working on PowerPoint presentations and decks, and creating flyers. Other responsibilities include: prototyping mock-ups for mobile apps, building landing pages, editing photos, conducting research, and labeling. We need someone who has a sharp "eye for design" and who can engage that skill across many formats and mediums.
In this position, you will:
- Collaborate closely with our client-partners, entrepreneur coaches, and research teams, at all stages of the innovation journey
- Create a range of digital and print artifacts to use in the customer discovery and user testing processes, including brochures, wireframes, concepts, UI mockups, and clickable prototypes
- Create quality deliverables for clients, including reports, data visualizations, infographics, and scorecards
- Design and produce the materials and assets that we use to run our business, lead interactive sessions, and build the Bionic brand, including style guides, presentations, pitches, templates, and workbooks
- Study user insights and analytics, and understand best practices and competitive analysis to inform design decisions
- Stay current with the latest design and interactive trends, tools, and technologies
- Intellectual curiosity about design, to the extent of being able to have an opinion on creative direction and to be unafraid of expressing their own style and look
- A strong project management skill set that includes a penchant for details and ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Sense of urgency and grit in prototyping concepts, while never sacrificing quality
- Ability to quickly synthesize even the most ambiguous of data, and create and iterate a product in response to that data
- A solid foundation in design thinking and typography, acquired either through strong educational programs (undergraduate or graduate), professional experience, and/or self-education
- A goal-oriented mindset
- An affinity towards customer research and insights
- Startup environment in which you’ll make a true impact on the product and business
- A culture of honesty, bold thinking, and risk-taking that you share with incredible teammates
- Participation in the future’s biggest trends and innovations, in partnership with the world’s greatest brands
- Energizing office space with gadgets and toys, a fully-stocked kitchen, and views of Central Park
- Company off-sites
- Abundant rewards and recognition for great work
Bionic is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.